McMaster Global is an annual university wide showcase of global engagement activities supporting the McMaster University vision and mission to make global engagement and knowledge generation an integral part of its identity and presence in Canada and the world.
McMaster Global is proud to include International Education Week (IEW) as part of its global showcase. International Education Week is held in over 100 countries around the world highlighting the importance international education plays in furthering our social, economic, and cultural well-being.
Who hosts McMaster Global Events?
- All McMaster Faculties, academics, departments, student organizations, students and administrative units host global themed academic and cultural events highlighting the breadth of our collective, university wide commitment to global engagement, interdisciplinary dialogue, addressing global issues, and fostering global citizenship.
What type of events and activities are included in McMaster Global?
- Global themed events and activities hosted during McMaster Global (November 11 – 22, 2019) may include academic lectures, workshops, panel discussions, research posters, seminars, presentations, information fairs, and more. Last year the inaugural McMaster Global showcase included 40+ workshops, seminars, lectures, food and cultural events hosted over 18 days open to all students, faculty, staff, alumni and community.
- Events and activities hosted during McMaster’s International Education Week (November 17 – 22, 2019) are specifically student-facing, celebrating the global programs, international communities, and shared values that make up the fabric of our institution. Past IEW events have included the annual student exchange fair, language café, and cultural potluck, in addition to information sessions on International Experience Canada, AIESEC, WUSC, etc.
Is there a theme for McMaster Global?
- We encourage all McMaster Global event hosts to link the research, knowledge, panel discussions, events and activities that they are showcasing to one or more of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). McMaster has been recognized for its deep commitment to the United Nations SDGs including good health and well-being, decent work and economic growth, building sustainable cities and communities, achieving gender equity and revitalizing global partnerships. https://dailynews.mcmaster.ca/articles/mcmaster-places-second-in-world-for-impact/
How do I submit a McMaster Global event?
- The event submission deadline for this year’s McMaster Global showcase was November 6th, 2019. If you are interested in submitting an upcoming event or would like it to be featured on the McMaster Global hub, please send an email to MacGlobal@mcmaster.ca
Is there funding or other support for McMaster Global events?
- The Office of International Affairs (OIA) in partnership with the McMaster Global Steering Committee and the President’s Office provides some support that includes marketing and coordination. Some limited funding support may also be available for those in need.
- If you have any questions about support available for your event, please contact the organizing team at email@example.com